Writers, we'll have some more information for you soon. I'm guessing no one's finished yet. [g]
These guidelines are also available at the Tardis Big Bang website.
Art Submission Guidelines
If you want to submit art in a format other than JPG, GIF or PNG, please get in touch with us ahead of time.
Please provide each piece of art in three sizes: small, medium and large. If you want to include an extra-large as well, that's fine.
- Small is used for the thumbnails on the story page; see this page for an example. These should be somewhere around 120x120 pixels (but any shape is fine)—if you multiple the width and the height (in pixels), the result should be between 13,000 and 16,000.
- Medium is used for the thumbnails on the art page; see this page. These should be approximately 230x230 pixels (but any shape is fine)—if you multiply the width and the height (in pixels), the result should be between 48,000 and 54,000.
- Large is the main display art; see this page. It should be no wider than 750 pixels.
- If you want to send an even larger piece, you're welcome to do so. It will be linked from the "large" page.
Please name these pieces as follows:
- Small: ##_yourname_arttitle_small
- Medium: ##_yourname_arttitle_medium
- Large: ##_yourname_arttitle_large
- Even bigger (optional): ##_yourname_arttitle
"##" should be the number of your story. You can call your art whatever you want; it doesn't have to have the same name as the story.
Please include answers to these questions in your submission e-mail:
- Should we put this art at the front of the story, at the end, or in the middle?
If in the middle, please give us something to search on to find the
- What name should we credit you as?
- Should we include an e-mail address for your feedback (it will be
munged so harvesters can't find it)? If so, which address?
- Do we have your permission to include your art in a pdf file of the story?
- Do we have your permission to include your art in a pdf compiling all
the round 2 stories?
- Do we have your permission to include your art in an ebook (.lit/.pdb/.prc) of the story?
- Any notes you'd like to include?
Vid Submission Guidelines
We'll make vids available in two ways: On YouTube, and downloadable from the Tardis Big Bang website. On YouTube, we won't make the vids easy to find by searching, in hopes that YouTube will let them stay up; you're welcome to upload them to your own account (or to any other site) as well once the Tardis Big Bang has gone live.
If you could send in two versions of your vid, that would be fabulous. One can be as high-res as you want to make it, as long as it's a size that's reasonably downloadable by someone with a broadband connection--maybe somewhere around 100Mb as a max, but we can talk about it. Smaller than that is absolutely fine. This version should probably be at least 640x480.
The smaller version should be something that's accessible to people on dial-up--no more than, say, 7Mb. This one might be around 320x240.
Pretty much any format is fine, as long as it can be played on both Mac and PC. If you're submitting an .avi file, the DivX codec is probably the best way to go. The mods have video editing software and can help convert to other formats as necessary.
Please include the number of your story at the beginning of your filename.
Feel free to include notes, if you'd like. Also, please let us know what name you'd like to use.
If you have a specific image from the vid that you'd like us to display on the story page, please send it to us, and make sure its filename is related to your vid filename so we can keep them together. Otherwise we'll pick something.
Unless anyone objects, we'll also convert the vid to .mp4 format for viewing on iPods/iPhones.
The vid guidelines are fuzzier than the rest--if you have any questions or suggestions, please do get in touch. We figured a lot of things out last year, but I'm sure we'll run into some new issues this time around.